Over 10,000 users worldwide receiving latest colour information
PAINTMANAGER® software is a network-capable colour management system designed to help managers and technicians manage the quality, productivity and profitability of their refinish paint mixing operations. Now more effective than ever, PaintManager software uses Internet connectivity to combine the accuracy and efficiency of computerised colour formula retrieval with comprehensive reporting and tracking features.
A key user milestone has been reached as more than 10,000 customers worldwide—bodyshops, distributors and dealerships—have now discovered that the PaintManager software capabilities, including updated colour formulas and program enhancements, make it easier to stay on top of paint shop operations and keep up with the latest OEM colour formulas, products and pricing.
“We are aware of how important it is for shop technicians and managers to have access to up-to-date colour formulas and PaintManager software is an excellent way to ensure a flow of the latest relevant information,” said Mary Kimbro, global colour director. “This is the most advanced colour retrieval system in use today. For technicians, PaintManager system offers the ability to quickly locate a vehicle colour. And for bodyshop owners and managers, it provides an array of reports that monitor paint operation job costs, material usage, mixing efficiency, inventory and much more. PaintManager software is one more tool we are proud to offer to our customers and is a key part of our overall commitment to help them be as successful as possible.”
The PaintManager software program features and capabilities provide greater opportunities for bodyshop productivity:
• The PaintManager software downloads colour formula updates monthly to a customer’s computer ensuring that the latest colour information gets to the bodyshop quickly. This gives customers more formulas, more quickly making sure that even the latest colours are available when a bodyshop needs it. The added benefit is that internet update will also eliminates the need for time-consuming CD installations.
• Technical support can be directed to the mixing room computer. With PaintManager software’s secure two-way communication interface with NEXA AUTOCOLOR® brand, HelpDesk specialist can remotely access the mixing room computer and provide real-time technical support.
• PaintManager software interfaces seamlessly Nexa Autocolor brand innovative RAPIDMATCH™ X-5 spectrophotometer. New downloaded colour formulas carry accompanying reflectance data for the RapidMatch program software to deliver simplified colour matching for all refinish repairs.
• PaintManager software system enhancements—including the RapidMatch software workflow, the Paint Shop Interface program and the Internet Update utility itself—are provided more frequently to ensure all functions are current.
• As information is sent to the user via PaintManager software, the user’s mix information is downloaded. Collected information focuses on the colour selection (variant or special) as well as product usage. This data helps PPG Industries colour specialists evaluate variant popularity for future colour chip tool production.
• PaintManager software is compatible with Nexa Autocolor brand TOUCHMIX® computerised paint mixing hardware to retrieve the right formula quickly and mix the colour accurately. This powerful combination improves efficiency and profitability by reducing waste and the time required for remixes.
RAPIDMATCH™ is a trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
Bulls Eye logo, NEXA AUTOCOLOR®, PAINTMANAGER® and TOUCHMIX® are registered trademarks of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.